As such, I spent many hours in cafes and restaurants around Canberra. Here is my list of the best places to eat in Canberra.
All photos are my own, from previous blog posts :-)
Favourite brunch spots:
- Pizzazz, Kingston - great menu that changes weekly. Really good sweet options.
- Ona Coffee, Manuka - yum, friendly and relaxed with nice outdoor seating (for sunny days).
- Farmer's Daughter, Yarralumla - good food and coffee.
- A Bite to Eat, Chifley - great food, lots of choices, cosy and cute decor.
- Beess & Co, Yarralumla - delicious food, friendly service, lovely outdoor seating.
- Cafe Velo, Kingston
- Bittersweet, Kingston
- Ona Coffee, Manuka
- Farmer's Daughter, Yarralumla
- Lonsdale Street Roasters, Braddon
- Paperplate Cafe, Parkes
Favourite gourmet baguette lunch spots:
- Dobinsons, Civic (the standalone cafe, not the stall inside Canberra Center)
- Idelic, Kingston
Favourite cheap eats/drinks:
- 2 for 1 Monday night steaks at the Durham, Kingston
- $8 for a huge meal at Burmese Curry House, Civic
- $8 barramundi, chips and salad at the Canberra Labor Club, Civic (certain weeknights only, and you also need membership for one person in your group which costs $5 for a year)
- $6 deluxe cocktails at the Helenic Club, Woden (need a member, can't remember the cost)
- $9.50 for a huge kebab from Turkish Halal Pide House, Yarralumla (I don't think it's that amazing taste or quality wise, but it sure is huge)
- Global Cafe (Ethiopian), Civic
Favourite desserts / sweets:
- Max Brenner, Belconnen
- Tarts from Silo Bakery, Kingston
- Goodberry's Frozen Custard, Wanniassa (and has just opened in Belconnen too apparently)
Favourite pizza: Pork Barrel, Parkes
Favourite laksa: Asian Noodle House (Dickson is preferred to Civic, but not by a huge margin)
Asian Noodle House
Favourite Vietnamese: Griffith Vietnamese, Griffith
Favourite dumplings: Shanghai Dumpling House, Acton (Civic)
Favourite Indian: Blu Ginger, Civic
Favourite steak: The Durham, Kingston
Favourite burger: Brodburger, Kingston
Favourite modern Australian:
- Podfood, Pialligo
- The Artisan, Narrabundah